CHIP is a state and federally funded health insurance program available in Pennsylvania to all uninsured children who meet eligibility guidelines.
- The child must be a Pennsylvania resident.
- The child cannot be enrolled in any other health care coverage, nor be eligible for Medical Assistance or Medicare.
- The child must be under 19 years of age.
- The child must be a U.S. citizen, a permanent legal alien or a refugee as determined by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- The orthodontic treatment for the child must be deemed “medically necessary”.
Orthodontic Specialists does participate with United Concordia Chip and will submit all diagnostic records and paperwork for approval. If approved, only metal braces are allowed – you cannot opt for clear braces or Invisalign.